- Update: this event is in the past so we no longer need speakers, unless they have an extremely compelling talk about how time travel is more likely than most people think.
- We've been contacted by a researcher from Uclan, who is running a study comparing sceptics and believers in the paranormal, but doesn't have enough sceptics yet.
- If you have a skeptical topic you’re passionate about, or just cross and knowledgeable, then get in touch and you could be one of our August speakers.
- At our quiz last night, members of the University of Manchester Rock Metal & Alternative Society and the Greater Manchester Skeptics Society donated £74.61 to families of the victims of this week's terrorist attack on the Manchester Arena.
- Pint of Science is a three-day series of science talks around Manchester.
- We have some venue changes on the go at the moment.
Firstly, our last social was in the Old Monkey rather than the Crown and Kettle. This may be an ongoing change, although the Old Monkey isn't available on Thursdays so it may not work in the long run.
Second, our next speaker event, Dr Jenny Cole's The Case For Gossip, will be at the Briton's Protection rather than the King's Arms. If it goes well then we might be back there for our speaker event in July, as the King's Arms is busy hosting a large chunk of the Greater Manchester Fringe in July.
- Unfortunately, due to both venue and speaker availability, we haven't been able to put together a speaker event this month.
- Clare Allely, who gave our November talk on the psychology of serial killings has given a TEDx talk on the same theme.