Leah's talk was on the Ask For Evidence campaign, its aims and practices. For more information, see:
- Ask For Evidence's website;
- AllTrials, Ben Goldacre's campaign to reduce publication bias by getting all clinical trials pre-registered and published; and
- This article on the problem of balance in science reporting.
Claire's talk was about the Freedom of Information Act, what it's for and how it's used. For more information, see:
- The Information Commissioner's Office which oversees FOI requests (as well as being subject to FOI regulations);
- The National Archives, which are what they sound like;
- legislation.gov.uk, where you can read nearly any UK laws since 1267 in full; and
- What Do They Know, a website for making FOI requests.