- Links to slides and references for David Frank's talk about the use and tricks of online dating.
- There is a lot of science going on in October, so here are a few picks to get you started.
- Sense About Science are once again doing exactly the sort of thing we would like people to be doing, and are looking for early career researchers and scientists get involved.
- In which our old Meetup group is deleted by ne'er-do-wells.
- PubhD is an event for the academically curious… but you don't even need to have been to university the first time around to appreciate what the postgraduate speakers have to say at their gatherings.
- In which our Meetup page is stolen by ne'er-do-wells.
- Quick update: I just updated the events page with some future speakers. They're the next confirmed events, but they're not the next events. We have other, less confirmed speakers, which aren't on the site yet, plus the regular socials.
Remember, our normal schedule is a speaker event on the second Thursday of the month, and a social on the fourth Thursday.
- Our timetable is somewhat messed up for the next few weeks.
Tomorrow (March 11) would ordinarily be our speaker event, but unfortunately we don't have a speaker so it won't be going ahead. Our next speaker event will therefore be the April one — which we've swapped with the social, so that it can be adjacent to QED, which is running that weekend. The speaker will be Dr David Robert Grimes.
The March social will go ahead as per usual on the 26th, and the April social will be on the 9th.
After QED, we rather hope to get back to normal.
- In October, Manchester Skeptics hosted a screening of Richard Dawkins' and Lawrence Krauss' film The Unbelievers, and we were lucky enough to have both Dawkins and Krauss available after the film for a Q&A session, which was video'd and the footage is available here.
- A mildly redundant announcement of this website's very existence, and a summary of what's going on with Manchester Skeptics at the moment.