The Greater Manchester Skeptics Society is hosting an event on October 23, looking at the role of science and technology in food production, but here are a few other events from the programme which are of a skeptical bent and/or feature members or friends of GMSS:
- The Girl Geek Dinner (October 22). These aim to give women and girls a space to geek out without feeling like (or actually being) the only female in the room. They're also running a Show And Tell on November 1.
- The Infinite Monkey Cage is a Radio 4 show with Brian Cox and Robin Ince recording on October 22.
- Manchester Bright Club veteran Chella Quint is hosting events about menstruation and space, because of course she is.
- Festival of the Spoken Nerd (October 25) is a comedy show featuring Helen Arney, Steve Mould and past Manchester Skeptics speaker Matt Parker. There may or may not be any tickets left.
- Pint Of Science has featured several GMSS members and past speakers over the years, and they're running a "best of" night on October 26.
- MathsJam is a monthly pub night and annual conference (which there is just about time to nab the early bird rate on). They're hosting a mish-mash of the two on October 27.
- Bright Club is a research-based comedy night which is always good for a laugh. They're running a "Big One" on October 29.
- The inaugural After School Science Club, run by MathsJam and Bright Club alumnus Katie Steckles, is on October 30.
All of that said, the whole programme looks excellent so do have a look through the rest.