Once again, the Manchester Science Festival is on. Here are some of the events you might want to attend:
- Occasional Skeptics attendee Katie Steckles is this year’s science communicator in residence, and is running the Megapixel project, which aims to demonstrate how a computer display works using pens and a massive window. She also gave the Josh Award lecture (which you can’t go to because it’s in the past).
- Katie is also running After School Science Club again, this time on the theme of colour.
- Engineering Showoff is this Wednesday, and features engineers turning their hands to comedy, including GMSS webmaster, me.
- Also on Wednesday, the Robot orchestra is performing.
- There are several days of competitive science demonstration at Science Showdown.
- Lastly, if you want to look as cool as our noble leader Geoff does here, find the Virtual Reality Playground this afternoon. The space-station repair simulation is very good.
Check out the full listing for more events that aren’t all in the past already.